A little about me
I am professional linguist with more than 6 years of experience and I have been a member of the STIBC (Society of Translators and Interpreters of Bristish Colombia) since 2016. I have a Master’s degree in LEA (Applied Foreign Languages) – English-Spanish from the French University of Toulouse Jean Jaurés. I developed a strong interest for languages and cultural mediation throughout my studies and multiple experiences abroad. My career began with a focus on roles in international business (marketing, logistics, sales) – my area of specialization in my Master’s degree. This allowed me to use my language skills to develop or translate localized marketing resources in Spanish and French and to liaise with international partners. These formative professional experiences, along with work and study sojourns in Spain (1 year), The United Kingdom (1 year) and Western Canada (8 years) confirmed my passion for languages and my willingness to pursue a career as a translator. In 2013, I began offering translation and editing services, and then joined Best Buy Canada’s in-house translation team in Vancouver for 2 years. I am currently working as a freelance translator/linguist from English/Spanish to French with a wide range of clients.
My assets :
• Excellent command of English, French and Spanish.
• More than 6 years experience in translation/revision
• Great attention to detail and thoroughness at each stage of the project
• Multicultural awareness – I grew up in France and have lived in Spain, the UK and Canada for several years.
• Member of the STIBC (Society of Translators and Interpreters of Bristish Colombia)
• Academic training in Applied Foreign Languages (English-Spanish) – Specialization in International Business.